What are light shows?
Over the last few years drones have taken to the skies in swarms equipped with programmable lights. All the drones together can produce images, graphics in the sky and even mimicking fireworks making them a perfect alternative.
How do light shows work?
- The drones are programmed before the show and tested in a virtual world.
- Once the digital drones look to be working correctly, real-world tests are done. Often real-world tests are done to keep the show a secret from the public.
- Before the show, the drones are setup in a grid pattern on the ground and all turned on. Once done and all the drones are connected the show can begin.
- The drones are started via the control software and the show is performed. The drones will land back on the ground once complete.
Benefits of using drones
- As the drones run on battery power they are much better for the environment when compared to fireworks.
- More control over the drones means more intricate patterns and designs can be produced, including logos.
- Drones are much cheaper to use compared to fireworks and can be reused hundreds of times.
Australia has seen a number of drone shows take place over the last few years with various shows in Syndey, Melbourne, and the suburbs of Perth. We can't wait to see more of these amazing shows in the future!
- Drones take to the sky in Melbourne drone show
- Intel’s Drone Light Show @ Vivid Sydney
- Drones capture Sydney NYE Firework Show
- 500 drones take to the sky above Syndey in Elevate Sydney Sky Show