Detecting air leaks is often a tedious task that requires a lot of time and patience and can even result in the leak not being found. Using a solution like the Fluke SV600 acoustic imager mounted to the Boston Dynamics Spot reduces the time needed to find a leak and ensure the source is found.
Using Spot and the Fluke SV600
Using the Fluke SV600 with Spot is super easy thanks to the plug 'n' play nature of the two systems. Simply mount and connect the SV600 to Spot and the image is display on Spot controller.
As the video shows below, noise is shown on top of the RGB image like how a thermal camera looks. The noise layer on the image displays the noise detected by the SV600 and the specific area it originates from, including a scale for noise compared to the peak.
Benefits of using Spot and the Fluke SV600
- Human factor removed - Personal are removed from potentially dangerous situations, improving workplace safety.
- Increased detection rate - Spot can be programmed to do autonomous walks around a site more often and be setup to operate overnight.
- Leak detection accuracy - The Fluke SV600 can accurately detect noise and overlay it over an RGB image for easy visual detection.
- Prevent unscheduled maintenance - Sound signatures can be detected well before temperature change is noticed. SV600 can quickly detect a change in audio and notify the maintenance team.
- Reduce power consumption - Reduce the amount of power required by the air compressor when a leak is present.