Mini Me - DJI Phantom 3 vs DJI Inspire 1 - Consumer vs Prosumer*
Jack Cockinos | 06 May, 2015 | The Sphere Drones Blog
Comparing the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and DJI Inspire 1
The recent release of the new P3 drone has recently changed the buying dynamics of the consumer. To assist with your decision we have decided to identify commonalities and differences, please see below for more info:
- 4k video capturing capabilities
- Camera sensor is a Sony EXMOR 1/2.3” w/ Pixels: 12.4M
- Lightbridge technology built in - HD video transmission up to 1.7km
- Optical flow sensor - flight stabilisation where GPS does not exist (flying indoors)
- USB connectivity allowing for iOS or Android device compatibility
- DJI Inspire 1 has the option for dual control (single transmitter operating drone flight functions and simultaneously the other transmitter operating camera functions)*
- DJI Inspire 1 legs transform - meaning that the camera/video footage when operated full 360 degrees is not obstructed.
- DJI Inspire 1 has larger propellers and higher winds is more stable however the Phantom 3 does an excellent job in high wind situations.
- The DJI Phantom 3 does not have a HDMI output where as the Inspire 1 does, this allows for connection up to HDMI monitor or video capturing device.
- DJI Inspire 1 (18-22mins dependant on battery)
- DJI Phantom 3 (25mins)
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional w/ Extra Battery - $2099 inc GST
- DJI Inspire 1 - Single Controller - $4509 in GST
- DJI Inspire 1 - Dual Controller - $5279 inc GST
* Prosumer means Professional Consumer
Get the latest in your inbox
Sign up to the Sphere Drones newsletter to stay up to date on the latest news from the drone world across air, land, and water.