Shopping Cart

Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) (per person)


Email us at or call us on 1800 549 821 to purchase this product.

People who typically need an AROC include ground handlers, B1 and B2 licensed aircraft maintenance engineers who operate radios when taxiing or towing  aircraft or testing aircraft radios, RPAS operators, some aerodrome personnel and some people involved in emergency service operations.

You will need an AROC if you intend to transmit on an aeronautical radio frequency and are not authorised under other rules including:

  • Part 61 - student pilots, holders of a recreational pilot licence with a flight radio endorsement, holders of private, commercial, multi-crew pilot and air transport pilot licences
  • Part 65 - holders of an air traffic controller licence, ATC licence trainees and holders of a flight service licence
  • Part 139 - certified air/ground radio operators
  • Sport aviation - authorised by a sport aviation organisation in accordance with the relevant legislation. Note, the authorisation might be limited to those operations.

To be granted an AROC you must:

  • be at least 17 years old
  • have received the appropriate AROC training
  • have been assessed as meeting the AROC competency standards
  • have a current English language proficiency assessment.