What is mobile incident response?
Secure facilities always have the possibility of someone trying to unlawfully gain entry. When this happens a response team is required to find the person, intercept them, and remove them from the area. This can be slow and usually requires a lot of manpower. Drones can significantly improve this by arriving on scene faster and sending key information back to the response team.
How does mobile incident response work?
- Placed in the back of a car or truck, Skydio's DOCK allows for a Skydio drone to be stored safely and full charged when required.
- When the response team head to an incident, the drone can be autonomously deployed and then either flown manually or autonomously.
- The drone will capture image data and livestream the incident back to headquarters. This allows for improved situational awareness and decision making.
- Once the drone is done it lands on the dock and is stored away to recharge.
Benefits of using drones
- Multiple drones can be stored on a single vehicle thanks to the small size of the drone and Skydio DOCK.
- Situational awareness and responses are improved as you know what's happening before sending more team members out.
- Improved response time can be achieved as the drone can be sent up before arriving on the scene of the incident, allowing you to track intruders or suspicious characters.