What is mining exploration?
When a mining company wants to explore a new area, a survey, and photos and videos will be taken to be processed in the hopes that the land can be mined for a profit.
How does mining exploration work?
- A drone will be sent up in an area marked for exploration.
- The pilot will set the drone off to automatically capture photos and videos of the area, ensuring there is overlap between each photo.
- The data is processed, and a model is created. From there, a team will look at it and make the decision of going to the next step or not.
Benefits of using drones
- Large areas of land can be captured in a short amount of time when compared to manned methods.
- Exploration can be done for much cheaper when considering other aerial methods.