DJI PHANTOM 2 Drone - Version 2
The Phantom 2 Version 2 is the best place to start to find a drone ready to fly out of the box. Now with the Version 2 you get upgraded motors, compass, ESC's and remote. This does not come with the H4 or H3 Gimbals but once you are competent with your flying you can add those accessories later. This is the ideal product for the person that just wants to have fun with a drone and are not too interested in the photography / film-making side of things.
- Remote Controller
- Intelligent 5200 mAh Battery with On/Off switch and built-in charger
- Efficient one-piece 9.5″ Self-Tightening Props
- Enhanced Flight Times (up to 25 mins)
- USB port now mounted in shell
- Ready-to-fly right out of the box – no programming needed
- Light weight: 1kg
- 1 x Phantom 2 (V2.0)
- 1 x 5200 mAh LiPo Battery
- 8 x Self-Tightening Props
- Radio controller
- Landing Gear (Pair)
- AC Tansformer to Charge Battery
- USB cable
Rules for recreational drone operators
- You must not fly your drone higher than 120 metres (400 feet) above ground level.
- You must keep your drone at least 30 metres away from other people.
- You must only fly one drone at a time.
- You must keep your drone within visual line-of-sight. This means always being able to see the drone with your own eyes (rather than through a device, screen or goggles).
- You must not fly over or above people or in a populous area. This could include beaches, parks, events, or sport ovals where there is a game in progress.
- Respect personal privacy. Don’t record or photograph people without their consent — this may breach other laws.
- If your drone weighs more than 250 grams, you must fly at least 5.5 kilometres away from a controlled airport, which generally have a control tower at them.
- Remember, you must not operate your drone in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, person or property.
- You must only fly during the day and you must not fly through cloud or fog.
- You must not fly your drone over or near an area affecting public safety or where emergency operations are underway. This could include situations such as a car crash, police operations, a fire or firefighting efforts or search and rescue.
- If you're near a helicopter landing site or smaller aerodrome without a control tower, you can fly your drone within 5.5 kilometres. If you become aware of manned aircraft nearby, you will have to manoeuvre away and land your drone as quickly and safely as possible.
- If you intend to fly your drone for or at work (commercially), there are extra rules you must follow. You will need a remote pilot licence (RePL) or fly in the excluded category (sub-2 kilogram or private landholder).
Test your knowledge
Test your knowledge with our practice quiz on Australia’s drone safety rules.
Where can I fly?
Download a CASA-verified drone safety app to find out where you can and can’t fly your drone.
Report unsafe flying
If you believe you've seen someone breaking the rules, you can report it to CASA. Fines of up to $1,110 can be issued per offence. If the matter is taken to court, fines of up to $11,100 can be imposed.
Talk to us about DJI Phantom 2 (V2.0)
If you have a question or would like to know more, fill out the form below and our team will get in touch with you as soon as we can.