The Edge is a hybrid tricopter fixed-wing aircraft.
• Take off and land from anywhere, using Flightwave’s patented Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL technology)
• Hover like a tricopter, fly like an airplane – Seamlessly transition from hover to forward flight and back again
• Requires no nets, catapults, or other cumbersome ground equipment to operate, no runway necessary
• Swappable Twist-Lock Payload System – fly multiple missions using a single aircraft
• Touchscreen ground control station allows for flight planning with a touch of a finger or take manual control with ease
The Edge VTOL tricopter is a consumer-priced, military-grade UAS designed for long-range, long-endurance missions. It incorporates the best features on the market in one package: vertical takeoff & landing capabilities, automatic transition between hover and forward flight modes, and quick, tool-free payload swapping. Revolutionary technology delivers autonomous flight, superior endurance, optimal efficiency, and seamless control making it the professional pilot's choice. The Edge can take off and land anywhere, even in high winds, without the need for nets, catapults, or other cumbersome ground equipment. An intuitive touchscreen ground control station makes autonomous or manual flying easy.
|Maximum payload mass||300 g|
|Comm Frequencies||900 Mhz Telemetry / 2.4 GHz Manual Control|
|Hover stability System||Patented Tilt-Rotor Pods|
|Auto Transition Technology||Transition between hover and forward flight with ease|
|Maximum wind tolerance||21m/s|
|Cruise speed||14 m/s|
|Endurance (95% cruise)||112 minutes|
|Endurance (hoover only)||34 minutes|