The black Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens is a mid-range zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras with a 35mm format equivalent focal length of 28-84mm. This is an ideal zoom range for everyday use, providing a moderate wide-angle to short telephoto perspective. With an aperture range of f/3.5-22 this is an extremely versatile lens.There is even an electronic zoom mechanism for near silent zoom control during shooting.
For enhanced image quality, this lens utilizes three aspherical elements that help reduce optical aberrations and distortion. Also, there is an extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations as well as a super high refractive index element that ensures uniform light transmission and therefore increases sharpness.
During operation, the 14-42mm EZ lens features a Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing. Additionally, this lens has a minimum focusing distance of 7.9" at 14mm and a front filter thread of 37mm for accessories.
- Versatile angle of view of 29-75°
- Closest focusing distances of 7.9" at 14mm and 9.8" at 42mm
- Maximum image magnification of 0.23x, or 0.46x 35mm equivalent magnification
- MSC autofocus system and electronic zoom are perfect for recording high definition video without noise from the lens disrupting your shots
- Lens construction of 8 elements in 7 groups
- Weighs 3.2 ounces