The key to accuracy in any mapping or 3D modelling project is control.
Designed and developed by KLAU Geomatics the PPK* system (post processed kinematic) is ultimately a plug and play camera positioning system that integrates with your DJI UAV.
- 3D Modelling (High accuracy 3D modelling with minimal GCPs)
- Agriculture (Accurate 2D mapping with no GCPs for Precision Agriculture)
- Aerial Inspections (Accurate asset inspections. Build precise 3D City Models from oblique photography for asset inspection and management.)
The KlauGeomatics PPK system produces high accuracy GNSS (GPS plus Glonass) camera positions to increase accuracy in photogrammetric mapping and reduce ground control requirements.
This can be either GCPs (ground control points) visible in the photos, or CPs (camera positions) where each photo was taken. Enabling your mapping data acquisition with accurate CPs can reduce or eliminate the need for GCPs, saving on ground survey crew time and cost.
What is PPK* stands for Post-processed kinematic (PPK), these surveys are generally used for mapping or for surveying points where only several cm of precision are needed, such as:
- mapping out a feature such as a falt scarp or a shoreline
- recording the locations of sample sites
- measuring the positions of markers such as stakes on a glacier to determince ice velocities. Occupation times for survey points are on the order of seconds.
Data must be post-processed to achieve high-precision results; this requires a processing program such as Trimble Geomatics Office.
- Accuracy: 3cm accuracy (achieved with local base station)
- Input voltage: 10 to 28 VDC
- Power consumption: 3 W
- Active GNSS antenna: 24g, 51 mm height by 30 mm diameter
- Multi frequency GPS (L1/L2/L2C, L5), GLONASS (L1,L2), SBAS, QZSS and L-Band enabled receiver