Aviassist’s one-day EVLOS implementation training equips attendees with the skills to successfully implement EVLOS into a companies drone operations. The course is conducted via Aviassist’s “Online Live” platform and includes procedures for Class 1 and Class 2 EVLOS operations that can be added to your company’s operational documentation.
The course includes:
- Additional traffic considerations (VFR IFR) when operating Extended Visual Line of Sight
- Team co-ordination and Remote Pilot, Observer and Supervisory Pilot procedures
- Internal training requirements for EVLOS
- Risk Assessments for RPAS operations Extended Visual Line of Sight
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority EVLOS application process
- Radio procedures for RPAS operations Extended Visual Line of Sight
- Emergency Response procedures
- Human Factors for RPAS operations Extended Visual Line of Sight
Extended Visual Line of Sight drone operations
Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS) allows an operation Beyond the Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) of the Remote Pilot through the use of trained observers. EVLOS approvals are issued for operations Australia Wide and do not have the same area limitations as BVLOS applications.
EVLOS is broken up into two classes:
Class 1 – Allows operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight of the Remote Pilot using a co-located trained observer. Class 1 Extended Visual Line of Sight operations do not require a pass in the Instrument Rating exam and allow for operations out to a maximum distance of 1500 metres from the observer.
Class 2 – Allows operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight of the Remote Pilot using trained observers positioned remotely from the Remote Pilot. Class 2 Extended Visual Line of Sight operations currently require the Remote Pilot to hold a pass in the Instrument Rating Exam (IREX) or have a supervisory IREX pilot. Class 2 operations allow drone operations out to a maximum distance of 80% of the RPA link range and within 1500 metres of a trained observer.
Talk to us about Approvals Permissions and Exemptions Training
If you have a question or would like to know more, fill out the form below and our team will get in touch with you as soon as we can.