Purpose of Beyond Visual Line of Sight approval training
Operating Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) beyond the visual line of sight of the Remote Pilot requires approval from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). To operate Beyond Visual Line of Site there are specific requirements for the proposed flight area, flight crew and aircraft to be utilised. The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has adopted the JARUS (Joint Authorities for rulemaking on Unmanned Systems) SORA (Specific Operational Risk Assessment) as a tool to assess such applications.
What does the training involve?
This two-day training course equips you with the knowledge to successfully apply the Specific Operational Risk Assessment (SORA) framework to a Concept of Operations for sparsely populated areas in non-controlled (Class G) airspace. Training includes:
- Sample procedures for RPAS operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) in line with Specific Assurance and Integrity Levels (SAIL) I and II
- Ground Risk considerations for operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS)
- Emergency Response procedures
- Internal training requirements for BVLOS
- Air Risk considerations for operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS)
- Risk Mitigation strategies for operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS)
- Determination of Specific Assurance and Integrity Level (SAIL) and associated Operational Safety Objectives (OSO)
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) SORA classifications for certain concept of operations
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority Area approval application process
On completion of the training course, you will be able to apply for an approval for operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight anywhere in Australia. The training is conducted by one of Aviassist’s Senior RPAS specialists and costs $1500 including GST. Courses are scheduled throughout the year as well as on-demand.
Limitations of training
Concept of operations including controlled airspace or operations in proximity near people increase the Specific Assurance and Integrity Level. This workshop does not incorporate Specific Assurance and Integrity Levels above SAIL II. For operations within controlled airspace or in proximity of people please contact us for a custom solution.
Talk to us about SORA (BVLOS) Online Training
If you have a question or would like to know more, fill out the form below and our team will get in touch with you as soon as we can.