Has your drone hit water? Here is a quick guide to saving your drone and preventing the possibility of needing to purchase a new drone. If you don't feel comfortable playing around with a water damaged drone here at Sphere Drones, we offer a repair service to get your drone back into the air in no time.
Head over to our repair page to learn more and fill out the repair form.
Follow the steps below and hopefully your drone will be flying in no time!
- Immediately remove the drone from the water!
- Switch off power and remove battery as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage.
- Once off and no power is running through it flush as much distilled water as you can through the drone and all its components.
- If possible, take some of the outer plastics off and sit everything in a tub filled with raw rice.
- Do not turn on again until everything is completely dry (wait at least a week for this). Power on with the top removed, and check for any short circuits, smoke, or flames. If any occurs switch off immediately.
- Assess which components are damaged.
- Fill out our repair form and we can supply and assess any damage!