Who does this apply to?
If you’re operating an Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) for:
- Business purposes, or
- As part of your job.
When do I need to do this?
All drones need to be registered by January 28, 2021.
What happens if I don’t?
You can be fined. Up to $11,100.
Where do I register my drone?
Registration is done through myCASA. That means you need to create a myCASA account if you haven’t already.
You will need:
- ARN (Aviation Reference Number)
- Proof of Identity (e.g. Passport)
- Make, model, serial number, weight and type of drone.
If you’re an organisation, it is worth creating an organisation ARN. This gives other people within your business access to the account.
How do I register my drone?
Once you have set up your myCASA account – follow these steps:
- Link your existing ARN. If you’re operating on behalf of a business, create an organisation ARN
- Provide proof of identity
- Select the correct account to register the drone
- Select and begin drone registration
- Select the correct manufacturer
- Select the correct model
- Enter your drones serial number
- If your drone isn’t listed, select “other manufacturer”
- If you’re registering more than 1 drone, select add drone and repeat steps.
- Read declaration
- Complete payment details (It’s free at the moment)
Watch this video for more information: