Those familiar with drone terminology will understand that ‘Sub 2kg RPA’ – opens a world of commercial drone opportunities to those that want to turn their UAV hobby into a profession.
In 2016, the Australian Civil Aviation Authority (CASA) classified Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) – under a weight of two kilograms – in an excluded category. This means if you want to fly a small drone commercially, you now have the opportunity to get airborne for profit.
The excluded category also means you have considerably less regulatory burden than those flying UAVs over two kilograms. Indeed, under 2kg, there is no requirement for either an Operator’s Certificate (ReOC) or a Remote Pilot licence (RePL).
There are some conditions.
Under the excluded category, you must apply for an aviation reference number (a simple process we’ll help you with); notify CASA if you plan to fly for hire or reward (an online notification form); and finally, fly within CASA’s standard operating conditions.
Once you complete these conditions, you can go up, up and away and turn your hobby into a pay day.
For those with equipment, experience and confidence, we wish you well on your journey into the commercial drone world.
For those that are keen to make the move, but need some guidance and experience, we strongly encourage you talk to us about some simple, yet critically important training.
Get trained – quickly and professionally
If you are yet to secure your own drone, don’t quite feel you have the experience to move from hobby to commercial, or would really like to better understand the rules and regulations set out by CASA – then you need to seriously consider some training.
As Australia’s leading commercial drone solutions provider, Sphere Drones employs Australia’s leading drone personnel from technicians and trainers, to sales, service and solutions providers.
Indeed, with their specifically designed and developed ‘Sub 2kg RPA’ training course, you can be airborne and making money in no time.
Give us a single day and we’ll get you up to speed.
To get you pre-prepared, simply complete the Aviation Reference Number (ARN) application here and we’ll fast track you ahead of your course.
- Flight time and instruction from our world-class pilots and on our world-class fleet of DJI Phantoms
- For those that are new – you’ll earn to fly before you have to buy!
- You’ll be immersed and learn all the rules and skills for flying safely, legally and professionally
- You’ll learn the Rules for Safe and Legal Professional Flights including::
- Introduction to the Standard Operating Conditions and Air Law
- Multi-rotor aerodynamics
- LiPo battery management
- Aircraft systems
- Emergency management and failsafe
- Introduction to the DJI Flight Control application
- You’ll learn from and keep a comprehensive and tailored training manual that you can use as a reference when in the field
- You’ll enjoy ongoing access to our comprehensive online resources
In short and in a single day, you will enter the commercial world of drones.
Where do I sign up?
Check out our events page here to sign up for upcoming course dates. Cost will be $350pp.
Leave a ReplyComments are reviewed and must adhere to our comments policy.